Latest updates on Job Bank
On Job Bank, we're always working towards the ongoing improvement of our services for Canadian job seekers and employers. We regularly make changes to our website and mobile app. Read more about our latest updates on this page.
October 2020 update
- Input your preferred occupation and location in two separate fields to get better results when you search for jobs.
- View your most recent job searches for your current session, or sign in to your job seeker account and find a history of all your job searches in a new section of your dashboard.
- Read our new pages about Job Match and the Resume Builder to learn how to get the most out of each tool.
- Sign in as an employer to post a new virtual job, or to specify whether remote work will be offered for the jobs you're advertising.
- As an employer, advertise job opportunities available in different locations on the same job posting by using the new "Secondary job location" option. No need to create separate job postings for each location anymore!
Since October 2020, you can...
June 2020 update
- View our new COVID-19 page to browse jobs in essential sectors and access tools and resources to help you find work during the pandemic.
- Access news and reports about the labour market in your province or territory.
- Sign in as a job seeker to see the contact information for the closest employment centres right on your dashboard, and to access a detailed report of your job search activity dating back up to 120 days.
- Find jobs in the agri-food sector from AgCareers and CareersInFood on Job Bank.
- Sign in as an employer to specify if telework arrangements are available for the jobs you're advertising.
Since June 2020, you can...
April 2020 update
- Visit our new Work with us page to find information for organizations interested in collaborating with Job Bank.
- Visit our improved page for Veterans, with useful information for Veterans in the labour market and the employers who are recruiting them.
- Get better job search results by using the improved "Best Match" sorting option, which now improves the ranking of jobs that are more recent and closer to the location you searched.
- Receive Job Alerts emails once a day, instead of twice a day.
- View your compatibility score for new job matches directly in your notification emails.
- Try our modernized career planning tool to access enhanced profiles for occupations and education programs across Canada, now with more information on recent job prospects.
- Sign in as an employer to view an improved activity report for your file, which now includes information about the way job seekers interact with your postings.
Since April 2020, you can...
December 2019 update
- Read about Job Bank's one hundred year history in the new About Us page.
- More easily navigate on Job Bank thanks to our new and improved menu.
- Easily search for Employment Centers near you.
- Access Job Match through your job seeker dashboard.
- Track your favorites throughout the Job Bank website.
- When using Job Match, see what job requirements you meet for any verified job.
- Upload documents directly to Job Bank if requested.
- Specify the field of study information on a job posting.
- Add multiple operating names to your employer file.
Since December 2019, you can...
September 2019 update
- Filter out job search results from outside the province or territory where you want to work.
- Filter job search results by employment conditions and benefits.
- Find jobs from ZipRecruiter on Job Bank.
- Sort your job matches to see only part-time or full-time jobs, or to see only federal, provincial and municipal government jobs.
- Access our Resume Builder tool with a Standard account.
- Get a summary of recommended career options based on your results to our career quizzes, and filter your results by education level.
Since September 2019, you can...
Have an idea for our next update? You can share your feedback and suggestions with us.
- Date modified: