Summary Yard Labourer - Railway Transport near Montréal (QC)
Find key facts and figures about working as an yard labourer - railway transport. The following information is applicable to all Railway and motor transport labourers (NOC 7622).
Railway and motor transport labourers perform a variety of tasks to assist track maintenance workers and railway yard workers, or motor transport operators. They are employed by railway transport companies and motor transport companies.
On-the-job training usually required
Median wage in the Montréal Region
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised near Montréal (QC)
- Transport tools and equipment on push or hand cars
- Assist railway track maintenance workers to lay, maintain and repair railway tracks
- Cut vegetation growth from railway tracks using scythes and mowers
- Check freight cars for physical damage and cleanliness
- Shovel snow from railway switch boxes
- Date modified: