Summary Pharmacy Technician in the Windsor-Sarnia Region
Find key facts and figures about working as a pharmacy technician. The following information is applicable to all Pharmacy technicians (NOC 32124).
Note: Some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Pharmacy technicians perform technical functions relating to prescriptions including gathering patients’ information, product preparation, product distribution and inventory control. They work closely with pharmacists to provide pharmaceutical care to clients. Pharmacy technicians are employed in retail and hospital pharmacies, long-term care facilities and by pharmaceutical manufacturers. Pharmacy technicians who are supervisors are included in this unit group.
College or apprenticeship
This occupation usually requires a college diploma (community college, institute of technology or CÉGEP), an apprenticeship training of 2 or more years, or experience working in a supervisory occupation.
Median wage in the Windsor-Sarnia Region
advertised in Ontario
- Assist dietitians or nutritionists plan and supervise food service operations
- Design, fabricate and fit ocular prostheses and conformers
- Repair, build and modify prosthetic or orthotic appliances or footwear
- Supervise and direct activities of other medical technologists or technicians
- Assemble or build prosthetic and orthotic appliances according to drawings, measurements and plaster casts
- Date modified: