Job requirements Medical Radiation Technologist (MRT) in the Windsor-Sarnia Region
Find out what you typically need to work as a medical radiation technologist (MRT) in the Windsor-Sarnia Region. These requirements are applicable to all Medical radiation technologists (NOC 32121).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of a two- to three-year college or other approved program in diagnostic radiography or magnetic resonance imaging (for radiological technologists and magnetic resonance technologists), nuclear medicine technology (for nuclear medicine technologists) or radiation therapy (for radiation therapists) or a bachelor of health sciences in radiography, nuclear medicine or radiation therapy and a period of supervised practical training are required.
- Magnetic resonance technologists require completion of a graduate certificate program in magnetic resonance imaging.
- Licensure with a regulatory body is required in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Quebec, Ontario, Saskatchewan and Alberta.
- Membership with a provincial association is required in Newfoundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island, Manitoba and Northwest Territories.
- Certification by the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists is required in all provinces except Quebec and British Columbia.
Professional certification and licensingOntario
If this occupation is regulated, you may need to get a professional license from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if this occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: