Job prospects Medical Radiation Technologist (MRT) in the Windsor-Sarnia Region
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Medical radiation technologists" in the Windsor-Sarnia Region or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Over the past few years (2019-2021), the labour market was balanced for Medical radiation technologists in the Windsor-Sarnia Region. The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available in this occupation.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Medical radiation technologists (NOC 3215) in the Windsor - Sarnia region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Medical radiation technologists in the Windsor - Sarnia region:
- Approximately 380 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Medical radiation technologists mainly work in the following sectors:
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): more than 95%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
- Date modified: