Title posted on indeed.com -
Posted on June 24, 2022
On Site Projects Ltd.
Pipefitters and Apprentices will be responsible for the installation, repair and maintenance of pressure piping systems as per provided specifications. Piping systems include gas, water, steam, chemical, etc.
_Job Duties and Accountabilities may include,_
* Removal and replacement of mechanical equipment associated with industrial facilities. Equipment may include; assorted valves, heat exchangers/bundles, tank and vessel components, piping system components etc.
* Heavy rigging and hoisting.
* Reading and interpreting isometric and P&ID drawings and competently producing ?as-built? drawings and isometrics.
* Planning pipe system layout, installation, or repair according to specifications.
* Measuring, cutting, threading and bending pipe to required shape using hand and power tools
* Fabricating piping/equipment supports, guides and brackets as per provided specification.
* Fitting up and preparing welded piping joints.
* Assisting in development of job procedures.
* Participating in preventative maintenance programs.
* Servicing/replacing steam/condensate traps.
* Inspecting, examining, and testing installed systems and pipe lines, using pressure gauge, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods.
* Installing supports, valves, piping and control systems.
* Performing general maintenance checks to vehicles including cleaning, lubricating and refilling as necessary.
* Assisting in small project estimates.
* Performing other activities as directed.
_Education, Skills and Abilities Required_
* Pipefitter/Steamfitter trade certification or equivalent OR Apprenticeship status
* Highly motivated self-starter able to work with minimal supervision
* Climb heights and conduct work with proper safety restraints
* Lift heavy loads up to 50 lbs
* Strong manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination
* Confined Space (Preferred)
* H2S Alive
* Fall Protection (Preferred)
* First Aid (Preferred)
* This is moderately strenuous work. Pipefitters must be capable of performing repetitive tasks and may require extended periods of standing, crouching, crawling, or kneeling.
* There may be potential exposure to high noise levels and hazards associated with live operating plants, industrial sites and remote work locations.
* When applicable, the Employee must stay at provided camp accommodations during length of shift.
* When applicable, working in a remote live operating plant requires all employees on active shift to be ?On Call? after regular hours to attend any urgent or unforeseen events that may impact or compromise the site?s operations, health and safety standards or the environment.
* This is considered a safety sensitive position.
_Living Out Allowance_
* This position is located in Kerrobert, Saskatchewan, with an associated LOA due to the location.
* 24/4 Shift Rotation
* 12 Hour Shifts
Thank you for your interest with On Site Projects Ltd. (?OSP?). We look forward to reviewing your application. Please be advised that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
OSP provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OSP complies with applicable provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $27.00-$44.00 per hour
* Overtime pay
* Extended health care
* 12 hour shift
* Day shift
* pipefitting: 2 years (required)
* H2S Alive Ticket (required)
* CSTS 09/2020 Ticket (required)
* Fall Protection Tick
- LocationEdmonton, AB
- Salary$$27.00 to $44.00HOUR hourly
- Terms of employment
- Start date
Starts as soon as possible
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by a partner site. Job Bank is not responsible for this content.