Title posted on indeed.com -
Actuarial Analyst (Pricing)
Posted on June 23, 2022
Allianz Global Assistance Canada
*Who we are: *
People are at the heart of the Allianz brand. At Allianz, helping people is in our DNA. We believe in being a part of the solution for a better tomorrow, and know that we have a positive impact on people?s lives across the globe. If you are looking to be part of something big, then come join our local family - we want to hear from you!
*About the role: *
Provide actuarial and statistical analysis related to rate adequacy and/or loss reserves. Maintain and develop Actuarial database. Provide support in valuation of policy liabilities on an on-going basis as well as provide support in analysis and planning process. Prepare a variety of management reports to be used in the decision-making process.
*You are great at: *
* Providing actuarial support in the development of new/revised products and services to achieve successful implementation of approved strategic initiatives, including product design, investigation of compliance, legal and fiscal regulations, technical specifications and administrative procedures.
* Supporting the development of new pricing and testing procedures in order to improve the quality and efficiency. In collaboration with others, reviewing various aspects of a pricing change and making recommendations for product, rate and /or rules changes. Providing on-going review and improvements of pricing templates and processes for greater automation and accuracy.
* Supporting the development of tools and reports for underwriting to ensure strong profitable revenue growth.
* Supporting ongoing analysis of the current and future financial position of the Company in order to provide management and regulators with any relevant information aimed at ensuring its financial strength and stability. Supporting the development of and maintaining profitability analysis by product line and by source.
* Analyzing changing market conditions affecting pricing/profit of the products and services, our emerging trends and results. Participating in the development of financial models and in the analyses of the results to determine its long-term financial soundness.
* Developing methods to regularly review and recommend adjustments to the underlying assumptions inherent in the various pricing models.
*What it takes: *
* University Degree in Math, Statistics or Actuarial Science, coupled with a minimum of 2 years of actuarial experience, preferably in pricing or product development.
* Must have completed a minimum of 2 SOA or CAS exams with a commitment to continue writing actuarial exams.
* Advanced skill in using MS Excel and SQL.
* Previous exposure to VBA and Python preferred.
* Knowledge of the various modeling processes, pricing techniques, and forecasting methods.
* Excellent analytical and decision-making skills as well as the ability to apply regular interpretive thinking to outcomes.
*What we offer you: *
* A competitive total rewards package, including benefits coverage as of your first day of employment, participation in the company?s annual incentive bonus plan, an employer matched retirement plan, tuition reimbursement support, generous paid time off, and much more!
* A Referral Program that rewards you for referring your qualified friends and family
* Employee discounts at a wide variety of retailers and services
* The opportunity to grow with a large, global organization
*All successful candidates must be able to pass an Enhanced Reliability Check performed by the Government of Canada.*
At Allianz, we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please call our toll free number at 1-800-461-1079 and ask to speak to a member of the Talent Acquisition team.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
* Bonus pay
* Overtime pay
* Casual dress
* Dental care
* Disability insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Extended health care
* Life insurance
* On-site par
- LocationCambridge, ON
- SalaryNot available
- Terms of employment
- Start date
Starts as soon as possible
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by a partner site. Job Bank is not responsible for this content.