Posted on June 16, 2022
*Who We Are*
We have proudly served the Canadian construction industry for over 100 years. Our rich history demonstrates our reach and diversity as an integrated, full-service organization serving the commercial and industrial markets. We deliver confidence through a client-centered approach that ensures the highest quality of service, reduces risk, and delivers results.
We provide a comprehensive range of construction services from new construction for industrial, commercial, and institutional markets; to industrial maintenance, repair and operations services, heavy civil construction, and contract surface mining; as well as vertical infrastructure including, electrical, mechanical, and specialty trades. For over 100 years, we have been a people-focused company with an unwavering commitment to safety and a high level of service that provides long-term value for all stakeholders.
*Why Work for Us*
This position is based in the Conklin, AB area on our CNRL Kirby site. This is a maintenance position with a 8&6 shift, 11.5 hour shifts.
Reporting to the Foreman, the Journeyman Pipefitter will be responsible for:
* Maintain and repair piping systems which carry water, steam, chemicals or fuel used in heating, cooling, lubricating and other processes.
* Maintain and repair pressurized piping systems.
* Hydro test and install fabricated pipe spools within structural steel modular assemblies, adding designed supports as required.
* Maintain all tools, work area and equipment in a clean and orderly fashion.
* Read and interpret client and company supplied construction fabrication drawings and specifications.
* Ensure work areas are kept clean and free of hazards.
* Ensure tools and equipment are returned to job boxes and tool cribs.
* Report all incidents, ?near miss? incidents including damages/non-damage, injury/non-injury incidents.
* Review and participate in the preparation of safe work practices/procedures as required.
* Other tasks and labor duties as required on the jobsite.
* Camp provided
* Work to begin immediately
* Working both indoors and outdoors in hot and cold weather conditions
* Working at heights
* Working in and around noise and dust
* Must be clean shaven
* Personal safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
* Journeyman Pipefitter ticket (or apprenticeship ticket)
* SAGD Experience an asset
* Valid driver?s license
* H2S Alive
* CSTS 2020
* Pre-site Drug and Alcohol testing
While we welcome all applications, only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
Unsolicited resumes and phone inquiries from 3rd party agencies will not be accepted.
Job Type: Full-time
* Dental care
* Extended health care
* RRSP match
* 12 hour shift
- LocationEdmonton, AB
- SalaryNot available
- Terms of employment
- Start date
Starts as soon as possible
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by a partner site. Job Bank is not responsible for this content.