Posted on June 10, 2022
IMMEDIATE OPENING: BROADCAST ENGINEER
*June 10th, 2022 *
Due to continue growth, we have openings for Broadcast Engineers. We offer very competitive salaries, travel allowance and benefits. All applicants must be Canadian residents.
The Broadcast Engineer serves as a lead technical on our fleet of mobile units. Primary responsibilities include overseeing all technical aspects of mobile unit operation and ensuring broadcast standards are always met. This role is challenging, technically critical and constantly evolving.
*JOB LOCATION*: Toronto-based; travel required.
*REPORTS TO*: Engineering Manager
* Serves as the lead technical role and acts as a primary point of contact for clients on location.
* Directly manages all aspects of the mobile unit engineering operation at remote events.
* Manage all required preventative and technical maintenance of onboard broadcast equipment while executing changes and engineering updates on the truck.
* Work directly with the Engineering Manager to identify any critical and ongoing technical issues and develop an action plan outlining solutions.
* Consult with onsite Technical Producer to generate post show reports.
* Clearly communicate critical information to corporate office including any equipment, crew and truck related concerns.
* Be accountable for ensuring accurate and timely inventory management of the mobile unit.
* Offer innovative, creative ideas that add value to the truck and assigned projects.
* Proactively provide exceptional on-site client services and technical support.
* Advanced working knowledge of broadcast technology and broadcast equipment.
* Advanced computer/IT skills, including thorough understanding of networking and IP configuration.
* Expert knowledge of audio, video, replay and graphic systems used in mobile television units.
_Continued on page 2 _
* Advanced skills in the maintenance and troubleshooting of production switchers, audio consoles, routing switchers, cameras, graphic computer systems, multi-viewers, and computer networking.
* Demonstrate outstanding leadership qualities; work in a team-focused environment with fellow employees, administrative staff, client and freelance crews to manage, delegate and/or execute tasks and solve problems.
* Perform with a high level of professionalism at all times; expertly troubleshoot and provide appropriate direction and guidance to others in high-pressure situations.
* Must be an agile, strategic thinker and have strong organizational skills.
* Must have a high level of self-motivation and technical aptitude.
* 4-5 years of experience in remote broadcasting engineering or similar industry.
* BA/BS in Engineering or other advanced technical degree preferred.
* Proven leader with the ability to delegate and lead teams effectively.
* Advanced knowledge of various broadcast equipment.
* Willing to travel nationally and internationally.
* This is a Toronto-based position. Canadian citizens or residents only need apply.
* Based on experience. We provide a full benefits package as well as travel allowances.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
* Extended health care
* 8 hour shift
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Mississauga, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
* video editing: 1 year (preferred)
Expected start date: 2022-06-20
- LocationMississauga, ON
- SalaryNot available
- Terms of employment
- Start date
Starts as soon as possible
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by a partner site. Job Bank is not responsible for this content.