personal lines underwriter
Posted on June 10, 2022
*Who is Allstate: *
Allstate Insurance Company of Canada is a leading home and auto insurer focused on providing its customers prevention and protection products and services for every stage of life. The company is proud to have been named a Best Employer in Canada for nine consecutive years and prioritizes supporting employees and fostering an inclusive, welcoming corporate culture. Allstate is committed to making a positive difference in the communities in which it operates through partnerships with charitable organizations, employee giving and volunteerism. Serving Canadians since 1953, Allstate strives to provide reassurance with its "You?re in Good Hands®" promise.
Pembridge Insurance is a part of the Allstate Canada Group. Our mission is to bring strength, experience and care in everything we do with our employees, partners and customers. Our vision is to be the best insurer, employer, and business partner in Canada. Pembridge Insurance Company has built a strong reputation of high-quality products and boutique service for its Brokers. Established in 1999, Pembridge offers a comprehensive range of Personal Insurance products through the support of an independent Broker network.
Through our Employee Value Proposition, Opportunity, Flexibility, Community, Diversity and Family, we have worked hard to develop and nurture a culture where employees feel valued, experience personal growth, have career options and truly enjoy the work they do.
*Role Designation: Home-Based*
Our team is growing, and we are looking to hire underwriting talent in the greater Edmonton or Calgary area (preferred).
*Benefits to joining Allstate*
* Flexible Work Arrangements
* Employee discounts (15% on auto and property insurance, plus many other products and services)
* Good Office program (receive up to 400$ back after purchasing office equipment)
* Student Loan Payment Matching Program for Government Student loans
* Comprehensive Retirement Savings Program with employer matched contributions
* Annual Wellness allowance to support employees with improving health and wellbeing
* Personal reflection day
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Working within the community and giving back!
*Job description: *
Pembridge Alberta a proud member of the Allstate Insurance Group, is looking for a highly motivated individual to assume the role of Personal Lines Underwriter. The successful candidate will be a team-oriented individual with a positive attitude who will contribute to the development and delivery of the team?s strategic and operational plans by providing quality underwriting and superior service to our broker partners.
* Provide excellent underwriting analysis by assessing the acceptability and factors affecting the potential for loss.
* Maintain or exceed all service level agreements.
* Ability to negotiate mutually acceptable solutions to underwriting proposals from brokers.
* Respond to broker telephone calls and emails including questions, referrals and accommodations.
* Contribute to continuous improvement of work processes by actively participating in team huddles and problem-solving sessions.
* Previous experience in the insurance industry.
* Customer focused, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and expertise in negotiation, influencing and consultation.
* Well-organized, able to set priorities and follow-through on commitments.
* Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
* Completed or working towards completing a CIP designation.
* Solid computer and keyboard skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office software.
*Bonus qualification: *
* Previous underwriting experience with an insurance company is an asset.
* Post-secondary education is preferred.
Allstate Canada Group has policies and practices that provide workplace accommodations. If you require accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your nee
- LocationEdmonton, AB
- SalaryNot available
- Terms of employment
- Start date
Starts as soon as possible
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by a partner site. Job Bank is not responsible for this content.