Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
2 years to less than 3 years
- Specific Skills
- Purchase machinery, livestock, seed, feed and other supplies; Perform general farm duties; Manage overall operation of farm; Maintain farm machinery, equipment and buildings; Maintain financial and production records; Establish marketing programs; Recruit, hire and supervise staff and/or volunteers; Organize and co-ordinate planting, cultivating and crop harvesting activities; raising and breeding of livestock and poultry; Determine the amount and kinds of crops to be grown and livestock to be raised; Monitoring animal health
- Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
- Work Site Environment
- Outdoors; Dusty; Hot
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Manual dexterity; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Standing for extended periods; Bending, crouching, kneeling; Tight deadlines; Overtime required
- Ability to Supervise
- More than 20 people
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Judgement; Values and ethics; Organized
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.