3 years to less than 5 years
- Area of Work Experience
- Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- Microsoft Visio
- Computer Applications
- Adobe Illustrator; Adobe Photoshop; MS Excel; MS PowerPoint; MS Word; Desktop publishing software; MS Outlook
- Additional Skills
- Co-ordinate project
- Work Setting
- Public relations or communications firm; Publishing house; Professional association or organization; Newspaper publisher; Magazine or journal publisher; Film or video production company; Business and/or industry; Government department and/or agency; Radio station or network; Television network and/or station; Advertising, marketing and public relations agency; Multimedia firm
- Security and Safety
- Criminal record check; Basic security clearance
- Work Samples
- Writing sample; Published work; Example of completed work
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Attention to detail; Sitting; Tight deadlines
- Work Location Information
- Willing to relocate; Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Administrative and Coordination Skills
- Text publishing and distribution; Public liaison and media relations; Interviewing; Editorial management; Copy editing
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Flexibility; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Organized
- Technical Writer Specific Skills
- Analyze material, write manuals, user guides and other documents to explain clearly and concisely the installation, operation and maintenance of software and electronic, mechanical and other equipment
- Copywriter Specific Skills
- Study and determine selling features of products and services and write text for advertisements and commercials
- Novelist, Playwright, Script Writer, Poet and Other Creative Writer Specific Skills
- Conceive and write novels, plays, scripts, poetry and other material for publication or presentation; Conduct research to establish factual content and to obtain other necessary information
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?; Are you willing to relocate for this position?; Are you currently a student?; What is your current level of study?; What is your current field of study?; What is the highest level of study you have completed?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?; Are you available for shift or on-call work?; Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?; Are you available for the advertised start date?; Do you have the necessary equipment for remote work (i.e. internet, home office, etc.)?
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.