Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Provide personal care; Provide companionship; Prepare and serve nutritious meals; Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties; Launder clothing and household linens; Assume full responsibility for household (in absence of householder); Administer bedside and personal care; Administer medications; Assist clients with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene
- Weight Handling
- Up to 9 kg (20 lbs)
- Work Setting
- Optional accommodation available at no charge on a live-in basis. Note: This is NOT a condition of employment
- Target Audience
- Elderly; Persons with physical disabilities; Persons with a disability; Females
- Security and Safety
- Criminal record check; Reference required
- Work Site Environment
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Public transportation is available
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Work Location Information
- Work in employer's/client's home; Urban area
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Client focus; Dependability; Judgement; Reliability; Organized; Punctuality
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.