College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 3 months to less than 1 year
or equivalent experience
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Health Care Aide Certificate
- Specific Skills
- Provide personal care; Provide companionship; Prepare and serve nutritious meals; Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties; Launder clothing and household linens; Administer bedside and personal care; Feed or assist in feeding; Change non-sterile dressings; Administer medications; Assist in regular exercise, e.g., walk; Assist clients with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene
- Target Audience
- Adults; Elderly
- Security and Safety
- Child abuse registry check; Criminal record check; Adult Abuse Registry
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own vehicle; Valid driver's licence
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Standing for extended periods; Walking; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Work Location Information
- Work in employer's/client's home; Willing to relocate
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Client focus; Dependability; Judgement; Reliability; Organized; Punctuality
- Health benefits
- Health care plan
- Financial benefits
- As per collective agreement
- Long term benefits
- Other benefits; Maternity and parental benefits
- Other benefits
- Learning/training paid by employer; Paid time off (volunteering or personal days); Team building opportunities; Parking available; Wellness program
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Are you willing to relocate for this position?; Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?; Do you have education in this field of employment?
Health care plan
Learning/training paid by employer, Paid time off (volunteering or personal days), Team building opportunities, Parking available, Wellness program
Long term benefits
Other benefits, Maternity and parental benefits
As per collective agreement
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.