College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Purchase machinery, livestock, seed, feed and other supplies; Perform general farm duties; Manage overall operation of farm; Maintain farm machinery, equipment and buildings; Maintain financial and production records; Establish marketing programs; Recruit, hire and supervise staff and/or volunteers; Organize and co-ordinate planting, cultivating and crop harvesting activities; raising and breeding of livestock and poultry; Determine the amount and kinds of crops to be grown and livestock to be raised; Monitoring animal health
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Large workload; Tight deadlines; Overtime required
- Ability to Supervise
- 5-10 people
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Judgement; Values and ethics; Organized
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.