No degree, certificate or diploma
3 years to less than 5 years
- Specific Skills
- Operate and set up machines to perform repetitive machining operations; Clean and maintain work space; Verify dimensions of parts machined using precise measuring instruments (e.g., micrometers, calipers); Perform routine maintenance on equipment and machinery; Enter codes specifying speed, feed and cut of the toolpath for computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools
- Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Operate laser cutters; Computer numerical control (CNC) machines; Lapping machine
- Work Setting
- Manufacture; Custom machine shop
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination
- Work Location Information
- Willing to relocate; Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Repetitive Machining Operation Experience
- Turning; Grinding; Drilling
- Special Purpose or Mass Production Machine Tools
- Single purpose production machine
- Personal Suitability
- Excellent oral communication; Reliability
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?; Are you willing to relocate for this position?; Are you currently a student?; What is your current level of study?; What is your current field of study?; What is the highest level of study you have completed?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?; Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?; Are you available for the advertised start date?; Do you have the necessary equipment for remote work (i.e. internet, home office, etc.)?
- Student status
- Full time enrollment
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Students, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.