College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
CPR Certificate; Ambulance driver's licence; Class 4/4F/F/4A-B-C Licence (ambulances, emergency vehicles and buses with fewer than 24 passengers)
Experience an asset
- Specific Skills
- Administer medications and provide advanced emergency treatments to patients; Administer pre-hospital emergency care; Transport patients to hospital or other medical facility for further medical care; Maintain ambulances and emergency care equipment and supplies; Document and record nature of injuries and treatment provided; Assist hospital personnel with provision of medical treatment, if necessary; Assess extent of injuries or illness of trauma victims to determine emergency medical treatment
- Work Setting
- Private ambulance company
- Security and Safety
- Child abuse registry check; Driver's validity licence check; Medical exam; Criminal record check; Adult Abuse Registry
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Driver's abstract; Valid driver's licence
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Physically demanding; Manual dexterity; Attention to detail; Ability to distinguish between colours; Sitting; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Bending, crouching, kneeling; Tight deadlines
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; What is your current field of study?; What is the highest level of study you have completed?; Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.