On the road job
Work locations may vary. Frequent or constant travel is required from the employee.
No degree, certificate or diploma
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Standard First Aid Certificate; Hydrogen Sulphide Awareness (H2S) Certificate
- Specific Skills
- Manipulate sections of pipes or drill stems at rig floor during drilling and during removal and replacement of pipes, drill stems and drill bits; Handle, sort and move drill pipes, tools, cement and other materials; Drive trucks to transport materials and well service equipment; Clean up rig areas; Assist in setting up, taking down and transporting drilling and service rigs and service equipment; Assist other workers to maintain drilling equipment on drill floor
- Field Work Location Experience
- Prairies region; British Columbia; Alberta
- Weight Handling
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Security and Safety
- Drug test; Criminal record check
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Work Site Environment
- Outdoors; Wet/damp; Noisy; Hot
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own vehicle; Willing to travel; Valid driver's licence; Public transportation is not available
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Bending, crouching, kneeling; Overtime required
- Personal Suitability
- Team player
- Workplace information
- On the road job
- Health benefits
- Health care plan; Disability benefits; Dental plan; Vision care benefits
- Long term benefits
- Life insurance; Pension plan
Health care plan, Disability benefits, Dental plan, Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
Life insurance, Pension plan
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Veterans, Visible minorities
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.