English or French
No degree, certificate or diploma
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Repair glass doors and other glass structures; Position and secure panes in frame; Measure, mark and cut glass; Install door, window and other hardware; Determine type of glass, frames and material required; Assemble and install prefabricated glass, mirrors or glass products; Assemble, erect and dismantle scaffolding, rigging and hoisting equipment
- Major Work Area
- Glass Cutting Equipment and Techniques
- Cut glass plate manually (straight cuts); Computerized cutters
- Additional Skills
- Work at heights, on scaffolding or swing stages; Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications; Instruct apprentices
- Weight Handling
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Work Setting
- Industrial; Commercial
- Work Site Environment
- Outdoors; At heights
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Standing for extended periods; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Health benefits
- Health care plan; Disability benefits; Dental plan; Vision care benefits
- Long term benefits
- Life insurance; Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP); Other benefits
Jobs for Ukraine
This employer has selected to promote this job through "Jobs for Ukraine”. Canadian citizens and permanent residents can still apply.
Health care plan, Disability benefits, Dental plan, Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
Life insurance, Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP), Other benefits
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.