Support for specific groups of job seekers
Gain access to useful resources.
Diversity and inclusion are key drivers in building a welcoming and barrier-free labour market for everyone. This is why Job Bank offers free tools and resources that can help specific groups participate in the labour market.
If you are looking for a job and you identify to one or more of the groups below, we can help. Browse handy job search information as well as tips and tricks, and discover tools, service providers and online platforms that can help you achieve your goal.
- Find Indigenous service delivery organizations that offer a variety of employment services.
- Get in touch with employers committed to Indigenous inclusion and find tips to prepare for interviews.
Persons with disabilities
- Find programs and services available to persons with disabilities.
- Search for local employment centres to obtain personalized and in-person assistance related to employment needs.
Newcomers in Canada
- Get an overview of the important steps to kick-start your job search journey.
- Find tools and services to ease up your integration on the Canadian labour market.
Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces
- Find out about the Military to Civilian job translator.
- Learn more about My VAC Account and register online.
- Get access to career quizzes and job search tools.
- Search quality jobs funded by Canada Summer Jobs government program.
- Find tips to search jobs, tools to plan your career and services to help young people succeed.
Find more resources
We have additional resources available to help other groups gain access to valuable labour market information. Have a look at the following pages for answers to common questions related to working in Canada.
Foreign candidates outside of Canada
- Find general information on how to get a job in Canada as a potential immigrant.
- Get access to the resources that provide information about immigration programs, Express Entry and work permits.
Temporary foreign workers
- Learn more about your work opportunities as a temporary foreign worker.
- Find tips on how to search for jobs and access a pool of jobs posted by employers who applied for a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).
Did you know?
According to the Employment Equity Act, a workplace should offer equal employment opportunities and benefits for everyone based on ability. Employment equity includes:
- Fostering equality in the workplace
- Implementing special measures
- Accommodating differences